Saturday, May 9, 2009

Two weeks to go! ACK!

Still plugging away at the squares... I've finished another two:

IMG_1900This is a modified linen stitch using two different colours of wool (Mission Falls 1840 in Purple and Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Navy). It's hard to see the colours in this picture but they're there. One neat thing about this square is that it looks interesting from either side.

IMG_1899This pattern is called "Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks" and is based on a star stitch. (I found this pattern on Ravelry.) I love how it has turned out, and I hope Kyle and Courtney have many years of holding hands and feeding ducks ahead of them. The wool is Canadian (Fleece Artist from Nova Scotia) and I thought it turned out really well in this pattern.

Katelyn has also finished her second square (same Fleece Artist yarn as mine):

IMG_1960


I thought I'd show off Mom's 8 squares here as well:

IMG_1882


Looking forward to seeing all of the completed squares in about 10 days!

No comments: