Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Knit Goes On...

Mom emailed me this week to let me know that she has finished her eighth square. I've also completed another two:

IMG_1795Braided Cable
Briggs & Little "Heritage" in purple (100% wool)
46 sts on 4.5mm needles

This cable pattern is one I've used in hats before, and I quite like it. The two braids beside each other, winding towards and away from each other, makes me think of that quote: "True love does not consist in gazing into each other's eyes, but looking forward in the same direction." I wish I knew who said that because I really like it.

IMG_1814Stocking Stitch
King Cole "Waves" (acrylic & wool)
23 sts on 7mm needles

I fell in love with this yarn twice: once when I saw it in the store, and again while I was knitting with it. The colours are a bit softer than they appear here. I have big plans to knit with this yarn again sometime -- hopefully making something for myself!

Katelyn has also started knitting and has finished at least one square, but I'll see if she wants to say anything about it before I post it.

No comments: